Tuesday, November 27, 2007

OSG,OSG,OSG!!!

I have been in and out of OSG for a few trades now, and considering I dont understand this stock, I have been pretty lucky. But as of last Wednesday (11/21) the stock was at 59 and is now trading at 69.25 - thats a 17% increase. I bought in much earlier at 64.75 so I was down until this last week. This time I put a protect sell order at 67.75 so I can at least realize a 4.6% gain (which is what I was hoping for, actually 5%).

But I dont understand the recent runup in the stock. Everything else in the commodities market is down a lot and there is no news on this stock.

The only thing that I found is that this stock has been upgraded by Analyst

2007-11-26 Omar Notka (Dahlman Rose & Co) from hold to buy

But the stock has started this runup before his upgrade. In any case, a search on this analyst resulted in a very high star mining rating for him with this stock. In not exactly sure what that means, but I wanted to log this info to keep track of it.

Lets hope this keeps running, because my other dogs are going downhill.

No comments: